Oddly enough, I have chosen an “electronic platform” to teach the importance of getting back to the basics in our homes.
But, with the frantic pace of invention- for example, the constant introduction of newer and better computers, newer and better TVs, newer and better phones, newer and better electronic games- we continuously move away from the simple beauty that is around us.
Thus, we need to become ever more mindful of infusing nature in our homespace.
Over the lifetime of this blog, I will offer tips, ideas, and plans to help you shift your space to a more nature centered space. As the months go by, so do the seasons and I will emphasize this in my postings. The photography for each post will pay homage to these seasons as well and visually give you an idea of the calming aspects nature offers to us. Each season brings us wonders of it’s own- embrace them!
Here’s a quick summary of some of the topics I plan to address.
- Your home is an extension of yourself. It reflects aspects of you going back to your earliest memories.
- Your home can express your spirituality and bring you more in tune with nature.
- There is a close relationship between our environment and our physical, mental and spiritual health. (Discussions of Vastu Shastra and Feng Shui)
- Our homes are the outward manifestation of what we are and feel on the inside. Creating harmony in your space will create harmony within.
- A beautiful home impacts your mood and behavior.
- A beautiful home is not the result of material consumerism.
- Clutter in your space clutters your mind!
- Color your world.
- Shape, texture and placement of things can balance the energy in your home. What works best for you?
- Don’t give in to following the trends.
- What about your shoes?
- See your home through the lens of a camera.
- Take the smell test.
- Noise pollution in your home.
- Music speaks what the soul feels. How music impacts your homespace.
- Absolute Do’s and Don’ts.
Product reviews and shout-outs
Along the way I will offer to you guest writers on some of these topics. I will also give product reviews as well as shout -outs to companies and organizations that I have found to embrace the truth of getting back to the basics, honoring our earth and furthering the global shift of consciousness.
Helpful Hannah Tips and Ideas
At times on this blog I will offer what I call my “Helpful Hannah” tips and ideas that you might find interesting to incorporate into your homespace. These will range from decorating tips to household cleaning tips to spiritual tips- all to create more balance and harmony in your homespace. I will also provide photographic examples of “before and after” work I have done to show how you can change space to bring on the warm fuzzies I believe to be so important in the homespace.
Pay it forward
My greatest joy will not only be that these words and photographs of nature inspire you but that you share them with others and “pay it forward”. In life, it is the giving to others what we learn for ourselves that holds the most value. I hope you will agree.
The home is truly where the heart is. Where the heart is you will find peace. Let there be peace on earth. Let it begin with you by living in perfect harmony.